Finding Money for Your Church
The Premise: In these challenging economic times, many churches are struggling to maintain donation levels. The Family Finances Conference Center can help your members improve their personal financial situation and “find” money to increase contributions to your church.
Background: I am John Ingrisano, a serious and playful follower of Christ,with a diverse background that ranges from the traditional (Roman Catholic and Episcopalian) to the more spirtually exhuberant (United Methodist, complete with praise music).
I am also the founder and director of the Family Finances Conference Center, which provides financial wellness programs to businesses, as well as fundraising programs for charitable organizations and churches. I provide seminars and workshops based on my book and workbook set, The Back to Basics Book of Money! A Couple’s Guide to Financial Peace, a copy of which I would like to share with you if you believe it is worth your time to meet in person. (I am also the author of A Perfect Day: Thoughts on Faith & Forgiveness.)
Note that we do NOT provide a debt-counseling service. I am compensated solely by speaking fees and book sales.
The cornerstone of my program is a presentation on “How to ‘find’ $2,000 in Five Minutes,” with the recommendation that this money be divided (A) to benefit one’s own family and (B) to increase their pledges.
As a Christian and active member in the administration and fundraising efforts of churches, I am acutely aware that many churches are searching for effective fundraising ideas.
The Program: I can provide a series of seminars and/or workshops, customized to your specific needs. Among the options are the following:
Low-Cost, High-Impact Financial Wellness Seminars & Workshops
All classes are conducted by John Ingrisano, money management specialist and author of The Back to Basics Book of Money! A Couple’s Guide to Financial Peace. Programs are conducted at locations of your choosing and are available under several options.
- Comprehensive ten-session workshops (either spread over as many as ten weeks or put into an intensive, two-day marathon program), total of 12 hours. Attendees will learn and apply all ten Couple Money Skills in these hands-on clinics, transforming their finances in less than 90 days. Cost: $6,750 plus travel expenses, plus discounted cost of books and workbooks for all attendees. This program is ideal as a two-day retreat.
- Extended five-session, one-and-a-half day workshops, total of 10 hours. Attendees will learn and apply all ten Couple Money Skills, seeing positive results within the first seek. Cost: $5,450 plus travel expenses, plus discounted cost of books and workbooks for all attendees.
- Condensed eight-hour, one-day workshop. This workshop provides an overview of all ten Couple Money Skills discussed in The Back to Basics Book of Money! A Couple’s Guide to Financial Peace, focusing on specific aspects of money management in depth. Attendees will learn and be able to apply practical skills through discussions and hands-on exercises and discussions. Cost: $4,249, plus travel expenses and discounted cost of books and workbooks for all attendees.
- Half-day seminar and workshop. This compact, fast-paced and hard-hitting program will motivate attendees and equip them with the basic skills necessary to take charge of their finances and their lives. Cost: $2,655, plus travel expenses and discounted cost of books and workbooks for all attendees.
- One-hour seminar and discussion. Ideal as a a key element of your routine training programs or an addition to your annual meetings, this lively presentation will focus extensively on a presentation selected from the list below. Or we can customize a program just for your people. Cost: $1,465, plus travel expenses and discounted cost for books and workbooks for all attendees. (Reduced to $1,000 through 2012.)
One-Hour Presentation & Discussion Topics
- Pay-to-Pray: A Playful Alternative to Tithing and Stewardship
- How to Support Your Church in Tough Economic Times
- Men & Women & Money: How to Achieve Financial Peace
- How to “Find” $2,000 (Maybe More) in Extra Money Each Year
- How to Plug the Leaks in Your Financial Bucket
- How to Spend Money
- How to Save Money
- How to Make Money
- Money: The Root of Much Good
- How to Get Out of Debt
- Ten Things You Need to Know About Money
By the way, as I indicated, the most popular segment of my programs is an abbreviated 15-minute talk: ”How to ‘Find’ $2,000 in Five Minutes!” designed to help members understand how they can improve their standard of living and pledge as much as $1,000 in additional contributions with almost no sacrifice on their part.
The amount targeted is generally $2,000 per person or couple in “found” money, and we encourage attendees to use half of that for personal debt reduction, lifestyle enhancement, etc. We ask that the other half be pledged to help the church. Ideally, it is possible for individuals or couples to each pledge $1,000 or more immediately in additional contributions over a 12-month period.
In these programs, attendees learn a number of “financial wellness” concepts (depending on the direction we elect to take), but including a very simple way to help them “find” money for your church.
The Benefits to Your Church:
- Your members will receive valuable, hands-on, step-by-step money management information to help them protect and enhance their family’s standard of living.
- Your members will “find” additional money – without gimmicks or games – for contributions to your church that can add tens of thousands of dollars in donations.
- Your church receives 100% of all money pledged.
- There is no soliciting or offer for other services by the Family Finances Conference Center. We do not do debt or other counseling.
The Details: We will work out the details together. I do not presume to know the protocol and procedures for programs at your church. However, I will work with you to help develop a program that meets your needs.
The Next Step: Contact me for a free consult about your church and its needs. There is no cost and no obligation. Additionally, just for contacting us, I will send you a copy of the book and workbook, The Back to Basics Book of Money! A Couple’s Guide to Financial Peace
- I will provide a five-minute demo of my presentation, “How to ‘Find’ $2,000 in Five Minutes.”
- Plus, I will send you a fundraising article – “How to Find Money for Your Church” – at no charge. This article can show your church members how to increase their contributions immediately!
You can reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or call my direct phone line at (770) 314-2649. Once again, there is no cost and no obligation. God bless you, and thank you in advance for your time.
Family Finances Conference Center